Monday, December 20, 2010

My Sick Goldfish


I decided to buy my son some goldfish for his birthday because we already had a beautiful clay fish pond outside with an antique looking pump that pumps water from the fish pond through an electronic filter and back into the fish pond.  

I bought him four goldfish and within a couple of months they all died, then I went out and bought some more and even these one’s died.  One after the other they died and I couldn’t work out why.  That’s when I decided to look on the net and Google “care for goldfish”.  There was a lot of free information on the web, but none of the sites had enough information or the right kind of information I was looking for.  Until…….I found this amazing book written by a goldfish expert.

After I read this book, I decided to go to the local pet shop and purchase some more goldfish and really put the book to the test. I thought I was cursed; after all, all the goldfish we ever bought had died.

After reading the book I found out a couple of reasons why our goldfish were dying.  Two mistakes that we made were overfeeding them, although that wasn’t my fault as I didn’t realize that not only was I feeding them every day, the kids were as well.  So the fish contracted swim bladder from overeating.  The other mistake was after I found Anchor Worms in the pond, I decided to clean it out and so I emptied all the water out of the tank.  I later learned you’re only meant to do a 40% water change. Woops.

Since then, I purchased four more goldfish and after 12 months they are still very healthy and very much alive and I would like to think they are also very happy in their nice, clean environment.  When I purchased the goldfish I used a little technique from the book on how to make 100% sure you pick healthy goldfish and then how to “settle your fish into their new environment”.  And if you’re a beginner like I was, the book will explain to you the best 8 varieties of goldfish to purchase.

Thank you for reading my article and I would love to know how healthy your goldfish are after reading the book and implementing some of the great advice from the goldfish expert.

Want to know the secrets of treating sick goldfish?

Click Here!


http://mysickgoldfish.com

No comments:

Post a Comment